Tuesday, May 1, 2012

"Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missing" ~ Led Zeppelin, Over the Hills and Far Away

Did you know there's a website called RockWisdom.com? Well there is, and it has amazing quotes from rock songs. "Over the Hills and Far Away" is my favorite Led Zeppelin song, and I'll be talking about a little bit of Rock and Roll in this blog post, hence the title.

I've officially discovered two things: one of my favorite things to do and my favorite album of all time.  

One of my favorite things to do is go to rock concerts. I've always loved classic rock--I'm pretty much obsessed. But my love for rock concerts has only recently been discovered. Last year I went to the U2 concert with Mom, Dad, and Tay and I loved it. Then I went to a Pink Floyd laser light show, and even though that's not really a concert, it's basically the same adrenalin rush, and there's a whole of deliciousness for the ears while the eyes are colorfully entertained. And last week I went to the Kansas concert with a friend, and it was awesome. They still sounded amazing, especially for being so old. I just love rocking out to the real deal. Here are some pics from the U2 concert and then the Kansas concert.
My favorite album of all time (at least for right now) is called Raising Sands. Robert Plant (the lead singer from Led Zeppelin) and country/bluegrass singer Alison Krauss got together and made this album. Apparently this album was made in 2007, and it won album of the year at the 2009 Grammy Awards. I'm only sorry I didn't hear about it sooner. It's pure genius. It's the perfect hybrid album of country and rock, and every single song is amazing. Here's a little taste of one of the songs. (I don't know why it won't let me embed it, but here's the link.)
"Gone Gone Gone" Music Video


 On one last but equally (if not more) important note, it was fun briefly seeing Nina and my nephew Eric. I loved having my niece and nephews all in one place and being able to play with all of them. I love my niece and nephews more than just about anything, even rock and roll. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment