Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Do single people blog? The answer is YES!

Hey everyone!

This is my new blog. Have I ever blogged before? The answer to that is NO. So this is my first blog. There's nothing terribly exciting going on right now, so I don't know why I chose this moment in my life to start my blog, right before I head down to the Y for school, but I thought I'd give this thing a shot. To start it off, I sent out a few texts, asking people what they thought I should name my blog. Here are a few of the responses:

  • Tenacious Alyson
  • Alyson's Blog (uh, boring! Jk, not too far from the real thing)
  • Alyson is the greatest and her best friend Kathryn is freaking amazing
  • Alyface
  • Where are my chips?
  • Alytar the last blogbender
  • Orphan Pants
  • Alyson: One Day I'll be Famous
  • Alyson June the Little Mermaid

A couple of those are options I actually considered, I won't tell you which ones. OK, "Where are my chips?" was my first favorite (thank you Nina). Anyway, I thought Aly's Blog was good and professional for now. Who knows, maybe someday I will be famous and my agent will tell me that I can be even richer if I have a name like "Orphan Pants." So if there are any other suggestions fo naming my blog, especially ones that will make me famous, please tell me about them because I'm sure I will change the name eventually.

I think I'll be blogging more about books than anything else. Boring you say? Maybe. But I've got a list of books I've read this summer that would blow your mind. As in, the list of books I've read this summer is so big, the sheer hugeness of it will blow your mind. I'll be starting those posts shortly. Until I get a boyfriend, I bet I'll have lots of time for blogging. So you'll know I'm seeing somebody when all of a sudden my blog stops getting updated. OK, that may blow back up in my face (and may or may not be true, maybe I lied to you?) but I do plan on updating this thingy quite often. I read a lot of books. And I find lots of things hilarious. And I have new obsessions monthly. And my niece is the cutest thing I've ever seen. And I can really blab. And I take lots of pictures. And seaworld will forever evoke countless nights of reminiscing.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Join Goodreads.com and we can share books we've read! No, this is not an ad... ;)

    My email on there is caughtyouintherye@hotmail.com.

    ReplyDelete