Sunday, September 26, 2010

B U S Y ......

If I could get a wish granted from the Make a Wish Foundation I would totally reconstruct the chocolate room from Willie Wonka and the Chocolate factory. I love the flower tea cup he eats, the creamy mushroom things, the bouncy balls with jelly in the middle, and the chocolate river. Except I would make it the chocolate river from the new movie, because it doesn't look like blood.

Moving on, this week has been busy. He estado muy ocupada. But it's good to be busy, except that I can't possibly put forth my best efforts. I hate turning in papers that don't get my full attention. Work is great. The Elder's I teach are hilarious, but I try to keep them focussed. I just feel like I have no time for anything. Friday is supposed to be my day off, but I did have to go into work for a little bit. Then I went to a movie with some friends. A guy asked me out to go to the BYU game on Saturday, and I had to turn him down because I work on Saturday evenings. Sad! Last night we went to Rancheritos and that leftover chimichanga was great after church. Though it's having some interesting affects on my system, if you know what I mean.

We're doing a poetry section in my literary criticism class and I found a poem that I have read before, but this time I really liked it. I can't even tell you why for sure. Anyway, here is a poem by Alfred, Lord Tennyson.

The Eagle
He clasps the crag with crooked hands;
Close to the sun in lonely lands,
Ringed with the azure world, he stands.

The wrinkled sea beneath him crawls;
He watches from his mountain walls,
And like a thunderbolt he falls.

Well, that's probably the most pointless, random post I've ever written. Hope you didn't fall asleep.

REVIEW~

Emily Bronte
Wuthering Heights

I got really into this book. I've heard people say that this is a harder read than Jane Eyre (written by her sister), but I don't agree with that. I didn't think it was that difficult. I thought it was disturbing and horrifying, and yet there's something about it I just love. If any of you have read this book, I would love to hear what you think about it. Either way, go Emily!

1 comment:

  1. I think I am your blogs biggest stalker! But I really like reading it. Anywho, I also loved Wuthering Heights! It was so disturbing, yet so intriguing. I went back and forth with what I thought about Heathcliff. It was horrible how he put everything into ruining other people's lives, but I still found myself liking it. And the ending was perfect considering the situation they were left in, I think that's what kept me liking it so much.

    ReplyDelete