Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Lameness, etc.

I've been working at the MTC for a week now. I really enjoy it. I love working with missionaries. It's a dream come true for me. But Thursday was a rough day. Between school and work I was running around like crazy; I went from school to work three different times and didn't have to stop and eat or pee or breathe! At about eight o'clock I was finally going home. I put my scriptures on top of my car (because my hands were full) and opened the door and drove off. I got home and then realized I had left my scriptures on top of the car. I drove back to the MTC and searched around, but they were nowhere to be seen. I called the lost and found (and have done so for the past few days) without luck, and then I lost it. I sobbed. That quad is very important to me, it has a lot of memories from my mission. I feel like an idiot for having done that. Do me a favor, will you? Pray that I'll get those scriptures back. Someone grabbed them, so they have to be somewhere.

On another note, I just made green sauce and I loved it. I made a delicious pasta salad with fresh veggies and grilled chicken, on top of which I poured the amazing GREEN SAUCE!
For those of you interested in this tangy sauce that makes salads, pasta, veggies, and almost everything better, here is the recipe:
1C. oil (I like extra virgin, but it's more expensive and other kind will work fine), 1C Apple Cider Vinegar, 1Cup sugar, a bunch of chopped green onions (I'm not sure of the exact amount, I just guess, but it's about half of the bunch you would buy in the produce section at walmart) a pinch or two of salt, and a tablespoon of mustard. Blend it all together and be prepared to be amazed. Oh, and be prepared to have stinky breath.

I am going to change my blog name. This is just too boring. I'm thinking of East of Eureka or something. Because Provo is kind of east of the city of Eureka, also because I love East of Eden. Maybe something Spanish like, La Lechuga de mi Ensalada. JAJAJA! Anyway, I'm not sure. Maybe something to do with Shamu, because I love Sea World so much.

On yet another note, here's a book review.

Robyn Mckinley
Beauty

I think this is a cute take on Beauty and the Beast. This is the only book I've read by Mckinley, and I think I'll have to read more of her books in the future. Though fairly predictable (come on, we all know the story of Beauty and the Beast), the entire book is enchanting and the characters are really likable. I recommend this book to fairytale lovers like me.

Off to do my beloved homework. Adios!

1 comment:

  1. I love the name of this....LAMENESS :) WHOO! tribute to sophomore year :) LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete