Sunday, September 12, 2010

Brief Review

John Steinbeck
East of Eden

I've never been a huge fan of Steinbeck. I don't know why, but Grapes of Wrath just kind of turned me off. But my frister (friends/sister) Nina suggested I read it. So I did, and I absolutely loved it! Steinbeck still keeps with the detailed descriptions of the landscape and so on, but this book may be the best book I've ever read. For me, books are all about characters. Some may say East of Eden is slow, but the characters drive the book. The ending is very satisfying, and the repeating motif's make this an excellent read. I loved it! The content can be a little grown-up and there's some language, so I don't recommend it to everyone. But just know that I loved it and I'm not ashamed to say so. Thank you Nina for introducing me to this amazing book.

I also have to do a review for Slumdog Millionaire. I saw it on the BYU campus at International Cinema and it was AMAZING! I loved it. The soundtrack is amazing. Basically, it's all amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment