Thursday, September 16, 2010

Dios contesta las oraciones!

Yesterday (Wednesday) was another hard day. I was tired the whole day and had three classes and then worked for a few hours. I love teaching, but sometimes those Elders act like exactly what they are, 19-year-old boys. Haha. Anyway, so I was exhausted and still had homework to do, and I felt overwhelmed with everything going on. So my roomies and I went and got frozen yogurt at a place called Spoon Me (hmm....) and then I had a much needed conversation with my parents. I was doing my Spanish homework when all of a sudden my roomie comes in and tells me I have a visitor. I go out and this guy from my ward randomly asks me out for Friday. He's pretty cute too. I was still in shock when I went to my room and finished my homework. Then I checked my email before I went to bed and saw the most glorious thing ever, an email from a stranger telling me she'd found my scriptures! Instead of my day going from bad to worse, it went from bad to better to amazing. God answers prayers, I know it! So today I'm going to get my scriptures and everything will be how it should be. For now. Haha.

Alison McGhee
Shadow Baby

I think one of my favorite people in the world thought this book was boring. Which disappointed me because when I love a book, I love to hear that other people love it. And I really value this person's opinion. I finally just had to come to terms with the fact that I may not always agree with this person. If you're reading this, you know who you are and you know I still love you! I really liked this book. It's contemporary and realistic fiction. I tried to read it before the mission and didn't get very far. But I buckled down and read it and I just really like the young female protagonist. She's very likable and reminds me a lot of Scout from To Kill a Mockingbird. I think it's a funny book with some interesting themes. I can't say it's one of my favorites, but I really liked it.

That's all folks. Oh, but to clarify above, I wasn't praying for a date. I was praying to find my scriptures -- that's how God answered my prayers. OK, that's all.

Alyson June

2 comments:

  1. So I had to post to this one. I'm sorry about the book, I definitely wouldn't say I thought it was boring, but you know sometimes when you read a book and even though it's one you would usually like, you can't get that into it at the time? I'm sure if I read it again I would like it even more, I definitely didn't dislike it, I just had a hard time getting finished. Just thought you should know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, nina, i love how you knew it was you. don't be sorry,it really wasn't that big of a deal to me. i lover you! i refused to capitalize anything till NOW!

    ReplyDelete